This article provides steps to Set up a New Internal Only Fund.
Here are the steps to set up a new Internal Only fund using the New Internal Only Fund Form:
To begin, from Giving go to Funds and click on the New Internal Only Fund button.
Enter information into the New Internal Only Fund Setup Form.
1. Enter the Fund Name. The Fund Name you enter is the name the donors see. (If you are using Parish Data Systems for your Church Management Software, this needs to be the Activity Name to be able to import into your system.)
2. Enter the Fund Number if applicable. This only needs to be completed if you are going to import your file from another Church Manager System (CMS). The Fund Number is how you will tie this particular fund to your CMS.
3. Select whether a fund is Tax Deductible. (Funds that are not tax deductible will be excluded from the Tax Report.)
4. Select to allow donors to choose to give to the fund on behalf of an Associated Organization.
5. Select Accepted Payment Types. The available payment types are visible because the organization enabled them. (Support can change the selections if necessary.) Select which of the available payment options you would like to accept for the fund.
6. Select if you want to offer donors the option to Offset Credit Card processing costs. This will only be offered on the form if previously turned on in Settings.
7. Do not select this box if you are creating an Internal Fund. This selection allows donors to create gifts and pledges for this fund from the online giving page. Funds that are online are not considered internal only funds. If your desire is to change and make the fund public now, then make the selection and continue setting up the form. You may want to click here for more information on setting up a new online fund.
8. Click Continue to process and move forward creating an internal fund.
9. Select whether this Internal Only Fund should be a Campaign. Campaigns help track the collection of a goal. Enter the goal, and start and end dates. The campaign can begin anytime but there can only be one campaign at a time.
10. Select to send customized pledge statement emails which override the default gift statement message that can be sent to donors with pledges. Verify the reply to email, enter a subject line and craft the custom message utilizing rich text formatting tools. Click on Preview to see how it looks. Click on the “X” to close preview and continue.
11. Select to send customized pledge thank you emails which override the default thank you message that can be sent to donors with pledges. Verify the reply to email, enter a subject line and craft the custom message utilizing rich text formatting tools. Click on Preview to see how it looks. Click on the “X” to close preview and continue.
12. Add Additional Pledge Options by selecting the box of the desired options.
13. Click on Continue.
14. Review and Edit Fund. To go to a specific section to edit, click on the corresponding pencil icon. To get back to the fund review screen, click on the blue circle.
15. Click on Complete to process.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.