About Member Types
This article provides information about Member Types.
There are five Member Types to select from when adding a member or family.
- Head of Household: This person should be listed first in all communication (unless you customize the formal or informal name style) and is always entered first when adding a new family.
- Spouse: The person married to the Head of Household should be listed as a spouse in the system. A person’s status will also automatically change to a spouse during the “Perform Marriage” life event.
- Adult: Anyone over the age of 18 should be listed as Adult who is not the Head of Household or is not the Head of Household’s spouse. This applies to children registered with the family who are over the age of 18.
- Child: Anyone under the age of 18 should be listed as a child.
- Other: This option gives you flexibility for your own designations.
Check this out if you would like more information on how to Change a Member Type.