Unmatch and Rematch an Approved Registration for Religious Education
This article provides the steps required to Unmatch and Rematch an approved registration of a family in the directory to correct a registration that was matched incorrectly.
Unmatching and Rematching an Approved Registration may include a search for a family, or the addition of a new family and a match and approve.
Here are the steps to unmatch and rematch an approved registration:
1. From Religious Education, go to Terms.
2. Locate the Term.
3. Click the ellipsis (3 vertical dots) to see the drop down menu.
4. Click View.
5. Click Registration in the main menu.
6. Locate and click the Registration you want to Unmatch to see the registration details.
7. Click on the ellipsis (3 vertical dots) to see the drop down menu.
8. Select Unmatch Registration from the menu.
Check the Suggested Matches for the new Family you would like to match this registration to. (If the family is not listed, you can Register them as a New Family; however, please verify that the family is new with a Family Search to avoid duplicate data.)
9. Select the Family if it is listed in Suggested Matches.
10. Match the Individuals from the Members to Match page choosing a Match from each of the drop down selections.
Note* There may be an instance when it is not desirable to match a registration guardian to the Directory. Matching all guardians to the Directory is optional. Select Do Not Match if necessary when approving and matching members from the Religious Education registration.
11. Click on Match & Approve. (The Action taken can be viewed under the Registration Details on the Activity card.)
Matching a registration to a new family does not automatically change any information on the old family in the Directory. This will need to be manually updated after the Unmatch process.
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.