How a Donor Creates an Account when Creating a Gift
This article provides steps for a donor to create a donor account on the public site at the time they are creating a gift for a pledge or going to create a gift to give now.
A first time Donor can create an account with a password which saves the information so they can come back and donate in the future without having to repeatedly provide information.
1. On the Donor site click on Give Now, on the desired fund.
Configure the Gift
2. Select an organization to Attribute a gift on behalf of from the drop down menu.
3. Enter a Gift amount. It can be an amount other than the suggested amount.
4. Select a Gift frequency.
5. Enter the desired Date for the Gift.
6. Click on the Continue button.
7. Enter an Email address.
8. Enter a First name.
9. Enter a Last name.
10. Enter a Phone number. This is optional.
11. Select Payment Type: Bank or Credit Card.
12. Enter Payment Type information.
For a Credit Card, ensure the name that is auto populated matches the name on the card and enter the rest of the payment information. (Card number, CVV, expiration month and year.)
For Banking Information, enter whether it is checking or savings, the routing number and account number.
13. If desired, check the box to donate up to an extra 5% to Offset Processing Fees.
14. Enter Payment Method Address. (This is not the payment method institution address. For example, it may be the address where the statement is mailed.)
15. Select whether to give a gift as a guest or to create an account.
16. If creating an account, create a password.
17. Click on Submit your Gift to populate a confirmation of Thanks. The Donor receives a confirmation email which includes the Gift information.
The Gift is processed!
Note* A returning Donor is prompted to sign in if they enter a recognized email while filling out the Your Information form.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.