User Permissions and Adding a New User
This article provides steps to grant user permissions when adding a new user.
An “owner” for an organization can add new users. A person with the right authority at the organization can call the support team to help add a user if necessary.
1. From the Dashboard go to Users to view a list of current users.
2. Click on Invite User to add a new user.
3. When inviting new users include their full name and email address.
4. The Organization Roles section is optional. It allows a user to have multiple roles within the organization. From the drop down menu, click all that apply. This also alerts our customer service, customer experience, and customer support teams to the different roles this person has at the organization.
5. Select the different permissions this user has for the organization. This will affect which cards can be viewed on the OSV HUB dashboard when they log in.
6. Click the Invite User button on the bottom of the form for an email invitation to be sent to the new user so they can set up their own password and get started.
Note* If a new user does not complete their invite or a mistake has been made, the invitation can be cancelled.
Owners have rights to adjust all organization settings and permissions of all users.
Billing Admins have rights to look at all invoices, change billing terms, set up recurring automatic payments, enroll in paperless billing, and make online payments.
Directory Admins have rights to view and edit all aspects of the directory (except private notes unless they also have the Private Notes user permission).
Directory Viewer has rights only to view members in the directory with both family and member information. They can also have Private Notes user permission.
Forms Admins can manage all aspects of forms including creating forms, archiving forms, deleting forms, editing forms, and viewing submissions.
Giving Admins can manage all aspects of Giving including funds, contributions, donors, exports, and merchant settings. They can manage both physical contributions and electronic contributions.
Ordering Admins can manage all aspects of envelope orders.
Private Notes users can create and view notes within the directory that are hidden from users without this permission.