User Permissions and Adding a New User
This article provides information to grant user permissions when adding a new user.
Adding a New User
If you are listed as an "owner" for your organization, you can add new users. If you are not listed as the "owner" of your organization, please share this article with the person on staff who is or contact our support team at (800) 348-2886.
1. From the Dashboard go to Users to view a list of current users.
2. Manage current users' permissions or invite a new user. When inviting new users include their full name and email.
3. The Organization Roles section is optional. It allows a user to have multiple roles within the organization. This also alerts our customer service, customer experience, and customer support teams to the different roles this person has at the organization.
4. Select the different permissions this user has for the organization. This will affect which cards they see on the OSV HUB dashboard when they log in.
5. Click Invite User.
Owners have rights to adjust all organization settings and permissions of all users.
Billing Admins have rights to look at all invoices, change billing terms, set up recurring automatic payments, enroll in paperless billing, and make online payments.
Directory Admins have rights to view and edit all aspects of the directory (except private notes unless they also have the Private Notes user permission).
Directory Viewer has rights only to view members in the directory with both family and member information. They can also have Private Notes user permission.
Forms Admins can manage all aspects of forms including creating forms, archiving forms, deleting forms, editing forms, and viewing submissions.
Giving Admins can manage all aspects of Giving including funds, contributions, donors, exports, and merchant settings. They can manage both physical contributions and electronic contributions.
Ordering Admins can manage all aspects of envelope orders.
Private Notes users can create and view notes within the directory that are hidden from users without this permission.
6. Finish by clicking the Invite User button on the bottom of the form for an email to be sent to them so they can set up their own password and get started.
Note* Owners of the organization can manage user permissions, including their own!
7. The new user receives an invitation to get started in their inbox.
Adjusting Permissions of Current Users
If a new user has not completed their invite or a mistake has been made, the invitation can be cancelled by clicking on Users from the Dashboard and opening the side menu at the kebab on their entry line.
The invitation can also be resent.
Permissions of a current user can also be edited, or removed.
Adjust the permissions to fit the needs of the organization and click Save User.