Update Member Name
This article describes how to update the Member Name.
There are circumstances that would require a member’s title, first, last, preferred, and/or maiden name to be updated. For instance, if a woman marries but uses her maiden name professionally, and in the future decides to take her husband’s name, it would require an update to the name.
Here are the steps to update a member’s name:
- From Directory go to Dashboard to search a family or member to view the Family Details.
- From Family Details, on the menu and click on Family Members.
- Click View Details for the family member needing a Name Change.
- Click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) on the Member Card and select Update Name.
- On the side sheet, make the necessary change to the name; title, first, last, preferred, and/or maiden name. This will update the Formal and Information Family Names unless they have already been customized.
- Click on Save to process.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.