Add New Family or Household
This article explains how to Add a New Family or Household to the OSV Directory.
An administrator can add a New Family or Household to the OSV Directory.
Here are the steps:
1. From the Directory Dashboard, click on Add Family.
2. With Auto-Incrementing Enabled (more info) the next available Envelope Number automatically appears. Or, add a unique Envelope Number.
3. Enter a Family Phone Number. It populates on the Family Card as well as for any individual member who does not have their own phone number. This is helpful when running a report with children's names.
4. Enter the Address. An address that is already in the Directory generates a warning notification. Proceed if the families have the same address.
5. Include all Demographic Information for the Head of Household. This is the person who appears first in all communication.
Entering a name that already exists in the Directory, formal or informal, generates a warning notification about the duplication. You may still add the name but there may be duplicate entries.
6. To enter Sacraments, click on Add Sacrament.
7. Select each Sacrament from the drop-down menu; Baptism, First Communion, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Marriage, Holy Orders. Add the date, location, and additional notes for each one.
8. Continue clicking Add Sacrament until all known Sacraments have been added.
9. Ensure the Register this Family box is checked.
10. Click on Add Additional Family Members to add more members and their information.
11. Select Type from the drop down list.
The field auto-populates to Adult or Child depending on the Date of Birth entered in the prior field. Anyone living in the household under 18 is listed as Child and over 18 as Adult. The Adult status can be overridden to Spouse or Other depending on the need. Any member not listed as Spouse does not appear in the communication generated by the system or appear in the Formal or Informal Family Name.
12. Click on Add to continue to add family members, or click on Add and View Detail to complete the process.
The Bailey Family is created and able to be viewed on the Family Detail page.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.