This article provides the steps required to Unmatch and Rematch an approved registration of a family in the directory to correct a registration that was matched incorrectly.
Unmatching and Rematching an Approved Registration may include a search for a family, or the addition of a new family and a match and approve.
Here are the steps to unmatch and rematch an approved registration:
1. From Religious Education go to Terms.
2. Locate the Term.
3. Click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) to see the drop down menu.
4. Click on View.
5. Click on Registration from the main menu.
6. Locate and click on the Registration you want to Unmatch to see the registration details.
7. Click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) to see the drop down menu.
8. Select Unmatch Registration from the Menu.
Note* If Unmatch is not listed as available for selection, it is because this registration has payments associated which presents a conflict.
Check Suggested Matches for the new Family you would like to match this registration to. (If the family is not listed and a New Family needs to be created, please verify that the family is new with a Family Search before creating it to avoid duplicate data.)
9. Select Family if listed in Suggested Matches.
10. Match the Individuals from the Members to Match page choosing a Match from each of the drop down selections.
11. Click on Match & Approve. (The Action taken can be viewed under the Registration Details on the Activity card.)
Note* Matching a registration to a new family does not automatically change any information on the old family in the Directory. This will need to be manually updated after the Unmatch process.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.