This article provides the steps required to Unmatch and Rematch an approved registration of a family in the directory to correct a registration that was matched incorrectly.
Unmatching and Rematching an Approved Registration may include a search for a family, or the addition of a new family and a match and approve.
- Locate the Registration you want to Unmatch.
- From the Ellipses (3 vertical dots) select Unmatch Registration from the Menu. (If Unmatch is unable to be selected it is because this registration has payments associated which presents a conflict.)
- Check Suggested Matches for the new Family you would like to match this registration to. (If the family is not listed and a New Family needs to be created, please verify that the family is new with a Family Search before creating it to avoid duplicate data.)
- Select Family if listed in Suggested Matches.
- Match the Individuals from the Members to Match page choosing a Match from each of the drop down selections.
- Click on Match & Approve. (The Action taken can be viewed under the Registration Details on the Activity card.)
Matching a registration to a new family does not automatically change any information on the old family in the Directory. This will need to be manually updated after the Unmatch process.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.