This article describes what a Fund is.
Giving encompasses both Online Giving and Physical Contributions. In Giving, there are two types of Funds:
- A Church that has purchased both Church Manager (CM) and Online Giving (OLG) can utilized both Internal Only Funds and Online Only Funds features.
- A Church that has CM includes the Internal Only Funds feature.
- A Church that has OLG includes the Online Only Funds feature.
When a new Online Only Fund is created it displays on the public website page. Anyone who can access this website can give to this Fund. Every Fund has its own page and URL. Churches can publish the unique link in bulletins, etc.
Churches may not desire all Funds to be shown externally. Here are a few reasons for an Internal Only Fund:
- Used within the church by staff for physical contributions.
- A Church may want the ability to keep a Fund internal for privacy reasons.