This article provides steps to quickly add multiple managed accounts after setting up a new managed account.
The Diocese may want to add multiple managed accounts at a time. For convenience, an Online Giving Administrator can easily continue to add another managed account for the same fund so several managed accounts can be added with fewer clicks and screen changes.
This convenient option is available to Church Manager and Online Giving customers when they go to set up a new managed account.
Here are the steps to add multiple Managed Accounts:
1. From Giving go to Accounts.
2. Click on Add Managed Account.
3. Enter information to search for an existing member to create a new Managed Account. Typing a partial name or email address begins to populate results from which to select.
4a. If no Account is found in the directory, click on Add Family.
Note* If an Account is found, an alert on the form indicates the information will be linked. Click here for information on how accounts from the directory are linked to the new managed account.
5. Click on Create a managed account and family in the Directory.
6. Manually enter information into the form. This information will be linked to the directory once the managed account is created.
To help save time when adding the next managed account, the we keep the gift or pledge option value across multiple entries.
The Fund on the gift for the new managed account defaults to the fund that was used on the previous managed account also.
And, the payment method type on the gift for the new managed account defaults to the payment type that was used on the previous managed account.
7. Click on Create Account if the intention is to only add one new managed account. Otherwise, click on Create and Add Another Account to process and continue on to add the next Managed Account.
Note* Once the first account is created by Clicking Create and Add Another Account, the system comes back to the Add Managed Account search screen ready for the user to click on Create a managed account and family in the directory, or link a managed account in the directory.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.