Staff can Disable Two-factor Authentication
This article provides steps for Staff to disable Two-factor authentication.
Staff can disable Two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication does not need to be enabled, although it is highly recommend that it is, because it provides a double-layer of security when using the system.
Here are the steps for Staff to disable Two-factor authentication:
- Enter User Name and Password.
- Click on Sign in.
- Enter the received verification code when prompted. It will be received via the user’s Smartphone depending on how Two-factor authentication was set up. The method to receive a code can be changed.
- Click on Confirm Identity to process.
- Click on My Profile.
- Click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) to view the dropdown menu.
- Click on Disable Two-factor authentication (also called Multi-factor authentication, MFA).
- Click on Disable.Note* Two-factor authentication is no longer enabled and there are no Trusted Devices.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.