This article provides steps for the file import process to support importing pledges.
With the Church Manager Pledge Import the staff can import pledges. Here are the steps:
1. From Giving go to File Import.
2. Click on Upload Pledges.
3. Select the file.
4. Click on Import File.
5. Results of the import populate.
The transaction can also be viewed on the File Import History.
The Pledge Import Summary card provides:
- The total amount pledged
- How many pledges were imported
- How many had been skipped because they had been previously recorded
- The number of exceptions. (The exceptions can be downloaded if there are any.)
The user may receive an error message instead of results if there is an issue.
Example* If all Funds do not have a unique Fund Number the user receives an error and is asked to fix the issue and try again.
The imported CSV file requires the following headers:
- Start Date - date on which the the pledge starts
- Fund Number - number of the fund the pledge is attributed to
- Envelope Number - envelope number for the family making the pledge
- Amount- amount pledged
- Frequency - one time, weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, twice yearly, yearly
End Date and Source are optional.
- Source- physical, online, or imported
- End Date- date the pledge ends on
If no end date is provided the system defaults to the Fund End Date (if present) or Start Date plus 365 days.
If the source type is included in the file the system includes it as that source type otherwise it defaults it to imported.
6. Click on the Upload a New Pledge File icon to upload another Pledge File.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.