Attribute a Gift to a Pledge
This article provides steps to tie an existing gift to a pledge.
Any gift can be attributed to a pledge, but to be attributed to a pledge for a campaign the transaction must have been given within the campaign start and end dates. To Attribute a transaction to a pledge, the pledge needs to be an Active pledge (a pledge with a balance). This option will only display if there is an active pledge set up in the system for that fund.
Here are the steps to tie an attribute to a pledge:
- From Giving go to Accounts.
- Locate the desired account and click to open Account Details.
- Scroll to Transaction History and locate the transaction.
- Click the ellipsis (3 vertical dots) to open the dropdown menu.
- Select Attribute to Pledge.
- Click Update Contribution to confirm and the user receives a quick confirmation.
Click here for information on how to remove a gift from a pledge.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.