Edit Offset Processing Costs
This article discusses the steps to enable an option that will allow staff to request a slightly larger donation to help offset Credit Card Processing costs for All Funds That Accept Credit Cards.
1. Go to Settings.
2. From the Online Giving Settings card click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots)
3. Select Edit Offset Processing Costs. Note* If the option is not there to select, taking Credit Card payments is not authorized.
4. Ensure the box to Allow Donor to Offset Credit Card Fees is checked.
5. Select whether the offset should be a percent or a flat fee.
6. Select the percentage to donate. The offset can be gift between 1%-5%. Checking this option offers the option for donors to offset the credit card fees along with their online gifts.
7. Select Add to All Funds That Accept Credit Cards, if desired, to enable this setting for All Existing Funds. Checking this option offers the option for donors to offset the credit card fees along with their online gifts for all funds that accept credit cards.
8. Select Save to process.
Note* Any change from a previously selected percentage will only apply to new gifts. And, any recurring gifts set up prior to a change would process at the previous percentage until manually changed by the donor if they so desire.
Check this out for more information on Settings, or for more information About Credit Card Offset Processing Costs or Credit Card Offset for Individual Funds.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.