This article provides steps to run and export a Reconciliation Report.
Reconciliation reports provide a detail for all the batches in Giving.
Running a Reconciliation Report
1. Go to Giving, and then click Reporting in the main menu.
2. In the Select Report Type card, select Reconciliation in the dropdown menu.
3. Choose the Report Timeframe. Select from the preset list: Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days, Year To Date, Last Year, or choose a Custom Date Range and use the calendar to set the dates.
4. Currently, the only option to Report On is the Transaction Date of the batches.
5. Select the report Style: Default or Funds as Columns.
6. If Multiple Merchants are enabled, select the desired Deposit Account from the list. Reports can be run for each merchant account. Merchant accounts may be listed with or without nicknames.
7. Specify which items to include in the report: ACH Batches, Credit Card Batches, Fund Summary, and Batch Transaction Detail.
To run the report, at least one of “Include ACH Batches” and “Include Credit Card Batches” must be chosen, and at least one of “Include Fund Summary” and “Include Batch Transaction Detail” must be chosen.
8. Click Run Report to process and and view the report.
Reconciliation Report Results
Report results and layout vary by the style of report run:
Default - The Grand Total is listed at the top of the report. ACH and/or Credit Card batches are listed in rows, analyzed by date, type and total for each batch. Fund totals for each batch are also listed. Individual gifts/contributions can be viewed if “Batch Transaction detail” is selected. If “Fund Summaries” is selected, funds and their totals are listed in rows in a separate table from the batches.
Funds as Columns - The Grand Total is listed at the top of the report. Each fund is listed as a column in the report, with ACH and/or Credit Card batches listed in rows and organized by date. Fund totals for each batch are listed in the fund columns, and the grand total for each batch is also listed. Individual gifts/contributions can be viewed if “Batch Transaction detail” is selected.
You can toggle the Print Preview view of a report on/off by selecting the page icon.
Reconfiguring a Report
You can reconfigure and rerun the reconciliation report as needed by updating selections in the Reconfigure Reconciliation Report card, and then clicking the Update Report icon.
Exporting a Report
Exporting the reconciliation report allows you to print the report, save it to your computer, or otherwise use the report. To export a reconciliation report, click the cloud icon, and then choose the format type.
Three file types are available for export:
- Acrobat (PDF) file - A printable format of the report. The PDF file includes the same information given in the report.
- CSV (comma delimited) - The exported comma separated values file contains the following information: Batch Date, Batch Id, Batch Type, Fund, Fund Number, Transaction Date, Name, Payment Type, Last Four, Gift Type, Confirmation Number, Envelope Number, and Total.
- Excel Worksheet - exports the same information in the report as an editable Excel worksheet.
Click the link for information on how to Reconcile a Batch with a Bank Statement.
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.