This article provides steps to enable Two-factor authentication so Donors can verify their login with an Authenticator application, email or phone, ensuring their login is more secure.
Donors can enable Two-factor Authentication to provide a double-layer of security when using the system. Two-factor authentication does not need to be enabled, although we highly recommend it.
Here are the steps for Donors to enable Two-factor authentication:
1. Click on Sign In.
Note* Two-factor authentication is Not Enabled and at this time there are no Trusted Devices.
5. Click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) to view the drop down menu. 6. Click on Enable Two-factor authentication.
7. Choose your preferred method for receiving your authentication code.
Note* When selecting Authenticator App, either download an Authenticator App onto an Android or iPhone from the app store or scan the QR code with a Smartphone to get the Authenticator App.
The Authenticator app link above the QR Code leads directly to a Microsoft Authenticator app to download on a mobile phone.
8. Request a verification code from the authenticator app. 9. Enter the code received on the Donor’s Smartphone into the Verification Code field to Verify Your Identity. 10. Click on Complete to enable Two-factor authentication.
Note* If you select email or phone to request a code, follow the same process to enter the provided verification code from steps 9 and 10.
1. Enter email address. 2. Click on Send Code.
3. Enter the Verification Code. 4. Click on Complete to process.
1. Select voice or text to receive the one time verification code through a phone call or via text.
2. Enter the phone number. 3. Click on Send Code.
4. Enter the one time verification code. 5. Click Complete to process.
The verification code is good for 3 minutes. Click on Resend Code to have it sent again.
Note* Once enabled, the enabled Two-factor authentication and method used to receive the verification code are viewable on the user’s profile page.
Once enabled, Donor will have an opportunity to add a trusted device the next time they login. Click here to learn how to add a Trusted Device.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.