Update Member Name
This article describes how to update a Member Name.
Some circumstances may require a member’s title, first, middle, last, preferred, and/or maiden name to be updated. For example, you may need to update the name for a married woman who previously did not take her husband's last name but now wishes to do so.
Complete the following steps to update a member’s name:
- In Directory, enter the member name or family name to search the directory.
- Click the member name to view the family member details.
- Click the ellipsis (3 vertical dots) on the member card to view the dropdown menu.
- Select Update Name in the dropdown menu.
- On the side sheet, make the necessary change to the name: Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Preferred Name, and/or Maiden Name.
Note* Changes to the first or last name of the head of household or spouse will update the Formal and Informal Family Names unless they have already been customized.
- Click Save to finish the name update.
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.