Quick Task: Group Messages
This article provides steps to send Group Messages.
Sending a group message is an easy way to inform directory members, who have email addresses, about different events or happenings at the parish.
Here are the steps to send a group message:
1. Select Group Message from the main menu.
2. Click on Compose Message.
3. Set the Filter. Learn more about filters in this article.
4. Click Apply Filter. The results found number may be a different number than the number of actual emails found because not all people filtered have an email address. The message is only sent to those with email addresses.
5. Enter the information for the group message. (Reply email address, Subject line, and Message)
6. Check the box to have a copy of the email sent to you.
7. Click Send.
8. Click Yes to confirm the action.
The number of messages sent for this example is 53 recipients.
Note* The Sent Messages list can be viewed from Group Message any time.
Note* This feature can also be accessed via Quick Tasks in Directory by setting the filter and then selecting Send Group Message from the Filtered Results Option.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.