Edit Envelope Number from Directory Settings
This article provides the steps to auto increment envelope numbers in the settings directory to ensure numbers are used in order.
Here are the steps:
1. From Settings on the Directory Settings card, click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) to view the drop down menu.
2. Select Edit Envelope Number from the drop down menu.
3. On the side sheet click on the box titled Automatically Set Envelope Number
4. Enter the Next Envelope Number
5. Click on Save
A note about Auto-incrementing and Manual tracking of envelope numbers:
- An auto-increment number can be overridden at any time.
- Use of the next available number is not required.
- The system provides an alert if an envelope number is set that is already in use.
- Auto-increment is unable to be used if alpha characters (A, B, C, etc.) are used in an envelope number.
Manual tracking for which number comes next is required when:
- Auto-increment is not enabled for envelope numbers.
- Families ‘code’ with envelope numbers that include letters or do not sequence in a direct order.
Example: If an auto-increment is set to begin at 700 and then manually skipped to 705 for the next registered family, 700 will present the next time an envelope number is set. When it comes along to 705, 704 will skip to 706 since 705 is already in use.
Check this out for more information on Setting an Envelope Number.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.